Wagner, an Expert in Residence at Harvard University’s Innovation Lab noted that the knowledge economy challenges workers with an overwhelming abundance of information, where the technologies are changing incessantly and the challenges are getting increasingly more complex.
As such, he asked leaders in multiple fields on what qualities they look for in employees for today’s workplace. He got the 7 Survival Skills after talking to business, nonprofit, philanthropic and educational organisations.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving;
- Collaboration across networks and learning by influence;
- Agility and adaptability;
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism;
- Effective oral and written communication;
- Assessing and analyzing information; and
- Curiosity and imagination.
For more details on these 7 skills, you can read “Design Thinking in the Classroom” by David Lee. It is also available as an eBook on NLB app (for Singapore only).
Other resources here: